One of the hardest things about growing a business for a CEO is growing the tech team of the right people at the right time.
Following are top tips for a CEO to build and keep a great tech team for the success of the business.
- Hire a fulltime CTO to have the right focus on building the tech culture, team, processes, and technology.
- Focus on solving one problem at a time, this will keep the team agile, so they can respond faster to customer and market feedback.
- Make sure tech leadership should involves the team on how and what to build.
- Communicate the strengths of the tech talent in your organization.
- Make sure experienced tech leads stay motivated to stay and thrive.
- Have a good communication structure to facilitate common understanding of goals and processes.
- Do not be stingy with tech tools they can make a big difference.
- Think hard about tech talent career development. It’s expensive (both in terms of time and money) to hire great developers and keep them.